Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Quick Update!

Hey everybody, I hope you're doing great. I wanted to touch base and write a mini-post for you tonight. I've been working on a post that will take the Think Digital/Act Analog design that I developed a few posts ago, but since I'm documenting the steps that I'm taking from the design to the final print, and because I was away this previous weekend, everything is moving just a bit slower than I would like. That being said, be sure to keep an eye out and check back soon, because I'm planning on having that update posted by the end of the weekend. 

Even though that post is in the works, I wanted to make sure that I actually got something up for you to read tonight. Until recently I was a sporadic blogger (at best), and I don't wish to relapse into old habits. This being the case, let me bring you up to speed on what's going on in my world... As I mentioned above, I went away this weekend. I took a whirlwind drive to South Dakota to see my ladyfriend, which entailed more driving in one weekend than I would have preferred, but it was a much needed visit. In printing news, the daffodil run that you saw last time turned out great across the board. I didn't need to print nearly as many proofs as I did to make sure everything went smoothly, but better safe than sorry I suppose. 

Daffodil #1 and Daffodil #2 mounted on acid-free card stock

I sent these first two prints to my friend Chris Willis. He made the unfortunate mistake of complimenting my work and asking me questions about my printmaking. In exchange for his curiosity he was trapped under a novel sized explanation of paper size, variety, and other details, because if you get me started in a dialog about printmaking, I have trouble stopping. All that being said, I'm glad that these two prints are going somewhere that I know that they will be appreciated in their new home. 

Another interesting development; tonight I attended my first meeting of the Left Bank Art League. I'll admit, it was a little intimidating, but it seems like a great group of people. I haven't really worked in any group settings for a long time, and I kind of missed the camaraderie that I recall from studio time with Sean-O and others in my teen years. So I gave it a shot and it seems like it'll be a nice place for me to develop. I didn't meet any tonight, but apparently there are a few other, more experienced, printmakers  in the group from whom I can hopefully learn a few things. Additionally, after the meeting portion of the meeting, we made squeegee paintings in the style of Gerhard Richter, which was an interesting new experience for me. 

And they didn't turn out too shabby, if I do say so myself.

Well, this update ended up being more substantial than expected. Thanks for checking in and reading and remember to come back soon to see how Think Digital/Act Analog is coming along. If you'd like updates on when new posts are coming out, or if you'd just like to experience the art project that is my life via random bursts of information overload in 140 characters or less, follow me on Twitter: @CaptGam

Keep your eyes peeled for the next update, and don't hesitate to hit me up on the comments!


Creative Commons License
Unless otherwise noted, all work by Wade Ellett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

1 comment: