Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Envision a Squid with a Brooklyn Accent

Hey everybody! Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I'm keeping incredibly busy, which is a good thing in many ways, but a huge pain in a few others (such as my seeming inability to get a blog written and posted). But here we are again.

There is lots of stuff going on at the day job at the ole archive; deadlines coming up, some exciting new training in a couple weeks for which I'll journey to Chicago, as well as the plethora of image requests that keep me moving. It can be stressful, but I love it. Every day I learn something new as well as always picking up a new skill. I'm also doing some professional development on my own time so that I can hopefully stay in this awesome field after my work in the Quad Cities is done.

But you want to know what's going on in my printmaking life, don't you? And you know how much I'd like to tell you. And so I will! I've pulled a few more final prints of Tables Turned, Think Digital/Act Analog, and the previously untitled "cat print" now known as Let Sleeping Cats Lie. I haven't spent as much time working on new stuff as I would like, but I did manage to make this little guy...


At roughly 2.5" x 4" Da Squid is the smallest (and cutest?) print I've ever made. People seem to like him. I've still got all manner of sea beasts on my brain, so he may get some other aquatic creatures to join him here in the apartment.

I'll try to be better about blogging more frequently. You know how it gets, it gets busy, you get swamped, yadda yadda yah. I'll try to be better. In between my blogerations, you can catch me on Twitter (CaptGam) and Instagram (wdtellett). My antics there are much more frequent, so feel free to join me.


Creative Commons License
Unless otherwise noted, all work by Wade Ellett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Wade I stumbled upon your blog by accident. It was great catching up on what you've been up to. Congrats on the engagement! Let's just say that I am an old friend. :) Glad to see you are well.

    ReplyDelete