Tuesday, July 23, 2013

First test run

I wanted to take a moment to share some of the prints I've pulled in the last few weeks. These are just artist's proofs so there are still some corrections that I need to make in the blocks, but for a first run, they're not bad. I've got another block ready to print, and a few sketches I'm working on.
This design isn't actually mine. It was a practice print based off of a design in a bar menu. I don't recall the name of the bar, but it was in Detroit. Good mojitos. Again, the design isn't mine, it was just a nice one with which to practice carving the lino.

"Triskellion"
Based on a stained glass window that was based on my tattoo, which is based on the Celtic Triskellion. Full circle.


"Smoking Jesus"
Based on a homeless man I met once. He smoked cigarettes and told us he was Jesus. It was an auspicious evening.
"Clarissa's Elephant" This is an elephant. For Clarissa.

Check back for more stuff soon...

Creative Commons License
All work by http://themisadventuresofwade.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment