Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A New Experiment...

Hello everybody, and welcome back again. No update on Think Digital/Act Analog just yet, but I've been working on some other designs, and I wanted to keep you abreast of my work.

In my last post, I explained how I was taking some requests via twitter or my comments section. I only got a couple replies, but they've been enough to keep me busy. The whole point has been to try some things I might not have had it not been for someone else pushing me to give it a whirl. I wanted to challenge myself to use some different techniques than I usually do. I haven't finished my work yet, but I wanted to show where it's headed.

My first request was for an owl, and while I had a lot of trouble working out how to draw the avian subject, I think it has turned out fairly well.


I've got it on the block and starting making some cuts this evening, but I want to wait to show you the final print instead of a lot of intermediary steps. The second request I received was for a pirate ship. This sort of devolved into just a ship, but it's in the ballpark...


Sorry for the poor image quality. This design is a little rougher, but I kind of like it that way, and I'm anxious to see how it fleshes out on the block.

I'm hoping to get these both printed this upcoming weekend, as well as pulling a second proof of Think Digital/Act Analog. I will, of course, keep you updated on my progress. I appreciate any feedback that you might have for me, and my offer to take requests is still open! You can Toss an idea in the comments here or tweet it at me on twitter (which is also a good place to get updates about what I'm up to, what I'm working on, and what kind of weirdness my day might have going at any given moment). You can find me under @CaptGam.

Thanks again for dropping by, and I hope to hear from you!


Creative Commons License
Unless otherwise noted, all work by Wade Ellett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment